When IGI boss Keith Wardell stirred up a hornet's nest by suggesting in these pages that legal expenses insurers (LEI) based offshore could be less reliable than their mainland rivals, a backlash followed. Leading names moved to reassure brokers and solicitors that their financial security was as solid as oak.
However, the market remains shrouded in mystery and many of its players are happy to criticise openly the apparent sharp practice that still pervades the sector. So what role does the inter
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Hiscox updates cyber and data insurance product
- Video: GDPR – Future proofing your business: Don’t panic!
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Launderette-based insurance ghost brokers jailed