In the biggest shake up of emergency planning legislation since the 1920s, business continuity planning is set to become a mandatory requirement for local authorities under the proposed Civil Contingencies Bill (CCB).
Business continuity arrangements will be assessed by the Audit Commission as part of each authority's annual Comprehensive Performance Assessment providing a new benchmark against which insurers can evaluate each authority's risk management procedures.
Up to now, there has been n
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Profits soar at Bollington in 2016
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- UK businesses “unprepared for a cyber shock”
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future