The annual cost of plant and equipment theft is thought to be upwards of £400m, according to The National Plant and Equipment Register (TER); a figure which could rocket as work starts on the Olympic development.
Last year, thefts were recorded by the TER, and the figures were on average 20% higher than in 2004, with dumper trucks recording the greatest increase (+54%).
The most attractive items to thieves are excavators with 1,169 being stolen, accounting for 43.3% of total theft value.
- Aviva "disappointed" after watchdog bans Aviva Drive app ad
- Leadenhall Market evacuated after “suspicious package”
- Aston Scott and Lark confirm new management structure
- UK Broker Awards 2017: The winners
- Blockchain could “eliminate” the need for brokers
- “Transformation” costs Swinton as profits fall
- Three firms in for Leeds-based Henderson