The issue of directors and officers (D&O) insurance has left the headlines recently, yet it remains a big and growing headache for companies and their risk managers.
As we move towards a US-style compensation culture, company stakeholders who feel they have been poorly treated are more likely to seek compensation.
Such claims have to be defended, and the cost could be crippling to a small to medium-sized enterprise.
So, D&O insurance has been elevated almost to the status of compulsory cover -
- Aviva "disappointed" after watchdog bans Aviva Drive app ad
- Leadenhall Market evacuated after “suspicious package”
- Blockchain could “eliminate” the need for brokers
- Swinton targets becoming largest digital broker in the UK
- Ardonagh Group posts fall in Ebitda but rising income
- Marsh’s head of operations in Scotland Iain Henry departs
- Aston Scott and Lark confirm new management structure