The issue of directors and officers (D&O) insurance has left the headlines recently, yet it remains a big and growing headache for companies and their risk managers.
As we move towards a US-style compensation culture, company stakeholders who feel they have been poorly treated are more likely to seek compensation.
Such claims have to be defended, and the cost could be crippling to a small to medium-sized enterprise.
So, D&O insurance has been elevated almost to the status of compulsory cover -
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure