A-Plan has purchased the business books of Exeter-based Westward Counties Insurance Services and Glastonbury-located Acer Risk Services for an undisclosed sum, Insurance Age can reveal.
Carl Shuker, CEO of A-Plan, confirmed that both deals went through earlier this year, with the business books moving to local A-Plan offices.
Three of the Westward staff joined A-Plan. Acer had no staff and, after selling the book, the principal now works for A-Plan four days a week.
Shuker stated that the
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- Market moves: Change is in the air
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years