The Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR) change coming in on 9 December 2019 has topped the list of a straw poll of compliance specialists on the biggest regulatory issue for brokers this year.
It was the only topic flagged by every expert when asked for their top three.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has previously described SM&CR as delivering “clear standards” for the conduct that it will expect from all financial services staff and that these standards were central to
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission