The Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR) change coming in on 9 December 2019 has topped the list of a straw poll of compliance specialists on the biggest regulatory issue for brokers this year.
It was the only topic flagged by every expert when asked for their top three.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has previously described SM&CR as delivering “clear standards” for the conduct that it will expect from all financial services staff and that these standards were central to
- Industry responds to reports of sexual harassment in Lloyd's
- FCA urges firms to apply for TPR and FSCR ahead of Brexit
- Ageas teams up with Darwin Clayton in £45m deal
- Marsh-parent raises $250m of fresh debt
- Blog: Future-proof professional indemnity
- Simon Matson says ‘complicated fat Arab’ slur regrettable but not discriminatory: Gallagher v Ardonagh
- UK Broker Awards open for entries