The Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR) change coming in on 9 December 2019 has topped the list of a straw poll of compliance specialists on the biggest regulatory issue for brokers this year.
It was the only topic flagged by every expert when asked for their top three.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has previously described SM&CR as delivering “clear standards” for the conduct that it will expect from all financial services staff and that these standards were central to
- Markerstudy buys Co-op underwriting in £185m deal
- Markerstudy to use Co-op’s brand after deal
- Aston Lark buys Irish broker Robertson Low
- Mark Cliff joins Be Wiser as NED
- Ageas consults on closure of Stoke and Port Solent operations
- Axa UK hires Shali Vasudeva as COO from Hiscox
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich partners with travel start-up Pluto