The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is set to fine Eldon Insurance £60,000 for serious breaches of the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR).
The ICO detailed that “more than one million emails were sent to Leave.EU subscribers over two separate periods which also included marketing for GoSkippy services, without their consent”.
It also proposed to fine the unofficial Brexit campaign £60,000 in tandem with Eldon.
The campaign was also fined a further £15,000 for
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Mactavish criticises industry for "knee-jerk reaction" in hardening market
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Acquis backers Dunedin to pursue more insurance deals