The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is set to fine Eldon Insurance £60,000 for serious breaches of the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR).
The ICO detailed that “more than one million emails were sent to Leave.EU subscribers over two separate periods which also included marketing for GoSkippy services, without their consent”.
It also proposed to fine the unofficial Brexit campaign £60,000 in tandem with Eldon.
The campaign was also fined a further £15,000 for
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Legal & General unveils tech solution for brokers