The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is set to fine Eldon Insurance £60,000 for serious breaches of the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR).
The ICO detailed that “more than one million emails were sent to Leave.EU subscribers over two separate periods which also included marketing for GoSkippy services, without their consent”.
It also proposed to fine the unofficial Brexit campaign £60,000 in tandem with Eldon.
The campaign was also fined a further £15,000 for
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Investors value Ardonagh at £1.9bn