The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is set to fine Eldon Insurance £60,000 for serious breaches of the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR).
The ICO detailed that “more than one million emails were sent to Leave.EU subscribers over two separate periods which also included marketing for GoSkippy services, without their consent”.
It also proposed to fine the unofficial Brexit campaign £60,000 in tandem with Eldon.
The campaign was also fined a further £15,000 for
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?