Clear Group’s first deal since it received investment from ECI Partners last month was to buy broker John Ansell & Partners.
Howard Lickens, Clear Group CEO, told Insurance Age that it was a “race against time” to finish the deal because the lease on the Enfield-based John Ansell office was ending and all nine staff were transferring to Clear’s London branch.
“Moving them was one of the deadline issues,” he explained, “Their lease was up. We’ve moved them in already.”
The deal adds
- Aviva grows mid-market appetite
- MRIB buys Independents
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- Unauthorised broker targets customers on Instagram
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- NMU in specialist line-led restructure