A survey of 2,000 SMEs by analysts GlobalData has found that 14.6% of the SME market buys insurance via aggregators, an increase on 9.6% in 2017.
The researchers suggested that smaller companies face time constraints and seek less complicated policies, which explained the rise in online insurance and price comparison sites.
Ben Carey-Evans, financial analyst at GlobalData stated: “A lot of the policies aimed at sole traders and micro SMEs are very similar to personal lines products, such as
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- Circle expands again in 2018
- Bluefin fine – 32 FCA staff directly involved in investigation
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal