A survey of 2,000 SMEs by analysts GlobalData has found that 14.6% of the SME market buys insurance via aggregators, an increase on 9.6% in 2017.
The researchers suggested that smaller companies face time constraints and seek less complicated policies, which explained the rise in online insurance and price comparison sites.
Ben Carey-Evans, financial analyst at GlobalData stated: “A lot of the policies aimed at sole traders and micro SMEs are very similar to personal lines products, such as
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- NED salaries in the insurance sector revealed
- Mactavish criticises industry for "knee-jerk reaction" in hardening market
- FSCS agrees Alpha replacement cover deal
- ABI bites back on discount rate
- Brokers must transform to evade threat of AI - report
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns