A survey of 2,000 SMEs by analysts GlobalData has found that 14.6% of the SME market buys insurance via aggregators, an increase on 9.6% in 2017.
The researchers suggested that smaller companies face time constraints and seek less complicated policies, which explained the rise in online insurance and price comparison sites.
Ben Carey-Evans, financial analyst at GlobalData stated: “A lot of the policies aimed at sole traders and micro SMEs are very similar to personal lines products, such as
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Lloyd's reveals soaring profit for H1 2019
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Uber boss joins Inshur following partnership deal
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas