A survey of 2,000 SMEs by analysts GlobalData has found that 14.6% of the SME market buys insurance via aggregators, an increase on 9.6% in 2017.
The researchers suggested that smaller companies face time constraints and seek less complicated policies, which explained the rise in online insurance and price comparison sites.
Ben Carey-Evans, financial analyst at GlobalData stated: “A lot of the policies aimed at sole traders and micro SMEs are very similar to personal lines products, such as mo
- Opinion: Who would believe it? When unrated is “good”
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Ardonagh sells Direct Group’s claims business for £36m
- Applied Net 2018: Google takes minority stake in Applied
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- Tasker set to make acquisitions
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform