A survey of 2,000 SMEs by analysts GlobalData has found that 14.6% of the SME market buys insurance via aggregators, an increase on 9.6% in 2017.
The researchers suggested that smaller companies face time constraints and seek less complicated policies, which explained the rise in online insurance and price comparison sites.
Ben Carey-Evans, financial analyst at GlobalData stated: “A lot of the policies aimed at sole traders and micro SMEs are very similar to personal lines products, such as
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- UKBA: Wilby says cyber win encourages new business
- FCA data reveals fall in complaints in second half of 2018
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings