A survey of 2,000 SMEs by analysts GlobalData has found that 14.6% of the SME market buys insurance via aggregators, an increase on 9.6% in 2017.
The researchers suggested that smaller companies face time constraints and seek less complicated policies, which explained the rise in online insurance and price comparison sites.
Ben Carey-Evans, financial analyst at GlobalData stated: “A lot of the policies aimed at sole traders and micro SMEs are very similar to personal lines products, such as mo
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Hiscox updates cyber and data insurance product
- Video: GDPR – Future proofing your business: Don’t panic!
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Launderette-based insurance ghost brokers jailed