Jelf is to acquire Scotland-based broker Clark Thomson, its first deal since it was bought by Marsh in 2015 as part of a £258m takeover.
The terms of the deal have not been disclosed and it is set to complete in the second quarter of 2018.
According to a statement, upon completion, Jelf will combine its existing Scottish operations and Clark Thomson into a single business unit.
The combined business will, subject to regulatory approvals, be led by Ben Bailey, managing director of Clark
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- In Person: Jacques Verlingue boss of Adélaïde Group, owner of Finch and ICB
- Qudos Insurance liquidator writes to UK customers
- PIB merges underwriting offerings
- GRP-owned County buys Swinford Insurance Consultants
- Close Brothers Premium Finance restores contact centre after outage
- Cross-border broker partnership plans escalate ahead of Brexit