Jelf is to acquire Scotland-based broker Clark Thomson, its first deal since it was bought by Marsh in 2015 as part of a £258m takeover.
The terms of the deal have not been disclosed and it is set to complete in the second quarter of 2018.
According to a statement, upon completion, Jelf will combine its existing Scottish operations and Clark Thomson into a single business unit.
The combined business will, subject to regulatory approvals, be led by Ben Bailey, managing director of Clark
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change