Jelf is to acquire Scotland-based broker Clark Thomson, its first deal since it was bought by Marsh in 2015 as part of a £258m takeover.
The terms of the deal have not been disclosed and it is set to complete in the second quarter of 2018.
According to a statement, upon completion, Jelf will combine its existing Scottish operations and Clark Thomson into a single business unit.
The combined business will, subject to regulatory approvals, be led by Ben Bailey, managing director of Clark
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- First Central Insurance & Technology takes CEO from Hastings