The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has fined The Carphone Warehouse £29.1m for failings that led to the mis-selling of a mobile phone insurance and technical support product.
The regulator noted that its investigation had stemmed from whistleblowing reports.
The FCA found that The Carphone Warehouse had failed to give its staff the right training to give suitable advice to customers purchasing the product named ’Geek Squad’.
In particular, sales consultants were not trained adequately
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester