The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has fined The Carphone Warehouse £29.1m for failings that led to the mis-selling of a mobile phone insurance and technical support product.
The regulator noted that its investigation had stemmed from whistleblowing reports.
The FCA found that The Carphone Warehouse had failed to give its staff the right training to give suitable advice to customers purchasing the product named ’Geek Squad’.
In particular, sales consultants were not trained adequately
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Sure Thing! to be rebranded following sale to Policy Expert
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand