The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has fined The Carphone Warehouse £29.1m for failings that led to the mis-selling of a mobile phone insurance and technical support product.
The regulator noted that its investigation had stemmed from whistleblowing reports.
The FCA found that The Carphone Warehouse had failed to give its staff the right training to give suitable advice to customers purchasing the product named ’Geek Squad’.
In particular, sales consultants were not trained adequately
- Mactavish lays down the gauntlet on cyber
- Ageas redundancies confirmed
- Simon Matson says ‘complicated fat Arab’ slur regrettable but not discriminatory: Gallagher v Ardonagh
- Discount rate review set to begin
- Industry responds to reports of sexual harassment in Lloyd's
- EY report reveals £1 trillion Brexit exodus
- FSCS recovers £300m for levy payers