Annual comprehensive car insurance premiums rose by 0.7% or £4.25, to £640.82 in the first three months of 2017, according to the AA’s latest British Insurance Premium Index.
The findings for the average quoted Shoparound premium – which aggregates quotes from direct, broker and price comparison site sources using the five cheapest quotes for each ‘customer’ in a nationwide basket of risks – also revealed that those aged between 40 and 59 actually saw their premiums fall.
Over 12 months, the a
- Marsh accused of trying to squash Marshmallow name by InsurTech start up
- Brokers face another FSCS hike and situation could yet get worse
- Marsh Networks partners with Ataraxia for succession planning
- Volante launches first MGA – Edison Motor
- Moving away from brokers would be a “major dereliction of duty”, says Phil Bayles
- Stuart Vann out at Esure
- Nexus considering sale, IPO and further options