Annual comprehensive car insurance premiums rose by 0.7% or £4.25, to £640.82 in the first three months of 2017, according to the AA’s latest British Insurance Premium Index.
The findings for the average quoted Shoparound premium – which aggregates quotes from direct, broker and price comparison site sources using the five cheapest quotes for each ‘customer’ in a nationwide basket of risks – also revealed that those aged between 40 and 59 actually saw their premiums fall.
Over 12 months, the
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Investors value Ardonagh at £1.9bn
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey