Annual comprehensive car insurance premiums rose by 0.7% or £4.25, to £640.82 in the first three months of 2017, according to the AA’s latest British Insurance Premium Index.
The findings for the average quoted Shoparound premium – which aggregates quotes from direct, broker and price comparison site sources using the five cheapest quotes for each ‘customer’ in a nationwide basket of risks – also revealed that those aged between 40 and 59 actually saw their premiums fall.
Over 12 months, the a
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- Alpha: Cover My Cab steps in with Gefion policies
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Coversure backers Livingbridge “not done” with insurance investments
- Uber gives drivers free insurance as it expands partnership with Axa