The insurance brokerage sector has seen several high-profile, multi-billion dollar M&A transactions in the last 24 months. But do these big ticket M&A transactions have any relevance to the owners of smaller specialist brokers?
The answer is complex. Whilst no direct comparison can be made in terms of valuation multiples (these larger groups will typically be acquired for 12x to 16x Ebitda), there is some relevance in terms of the wider insurance M&A market.
Global insurance groups are the
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Investors value Ardonagh at £1.9bn