Allianz UK has confirmed it is to buy the general insurance business of Legal & General Group for £242m.
The insurer explained that it intends to combine the L&G business with LV’s general insurance business once the deal has gone through. It is expected to complete in the second half of 2019.
L&G put its GI business up for sale with a £300m price tag in December last year and Allianz was previously reported to be one of the frontrunners to buy it.
L&G Insurance provides personal home
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- GRP buys risk management firm H&S Click