Allianz UK has confirmed it is to buy the general insurance business of Legal & General Group for £242m.
The insurer explained that it intends to combine the L&G business with LV’s general insurance business once the deal has gone through. It is expected to complete in the second half of 2019.
L&G put its GI business up for sale with a £300m price tag in December last year and Allianz was previously reported to be one of the frontrunners to buy it.
L&G Insurance provides personal home
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- Market moves: Change is in the air
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years