Allianz is in advanced talks to buy Legal & General’s general insurance business, according to Sky News.
The business, which provides personal lines, home and pet insurance, was put up for sale by L&G in December last year, with a reported price tag of £300m.
According to the report, Allianz has emerged as the frontrunner to buy the business after beating off competition from other insurers, including Direct Line Group.
A spokesperson for Allianz told Insurance Age that the business “does not
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product