Allianz is in advanced talks to buy Legal & General’s general insurance business, according to Sky News.
The business, which provides personal lines, home and pet insurance, was put up for sale by L&G in December last year, with a reported price tag of £300m.
According to the report, Allianz has emerged as the frontrunner to buy the business after beating off competition from other insurers, including Direct Line Group.
A spokesperson for Allianz told Insurance Age that the business “does not
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Lloyd's reveals soaring profit for H1 2019
- TL Dallas posts turnover and profit growth for 2018
- Uber boss joins Inshur following partnership deal
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs