Zurich UK has posted improved results for the full year 2018.
The insurer stated that business operating profit in the general insurance space 2018 reached £137m, up from £50m the previous year.
The COR, which deteriorated to 102.5% in 2017 also recovered to 94.9%.
However, taking into account the Ogden rate, the 2017 figures actually showed a loss of £151m and a soaring COR of 110.9%.
Zurich’s UK CEO, Tulsi Naidu, commented: “Zurich has delivered a strong result in the UK and
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs