Zurich UK has posted improved results for the full year 2018.
The insurer stated that business operating profit in the general insurance space 2018 reached £137m, up from £50m the previous year.
The COR, which deteriorated to 102.5% in 2017 also recovered to 94.9%.
However, taking into account the Ogden rate, the 2017 figures actually showed a loss of £151m and a soaring COR of 110.9%.
Zurich’s UK CEO, Tulsi Naidu, commented: “Zurich has delivered a strong result in the UK and
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Andy Briggs to leave Aviva
- Qudos replacement policies reignite unrated debate
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm
- Experts predict further changes at Aviva following Briggs' exit