Zurich UK has posted improved results for the full year 2018.
The insurer stated that business operating profit in the general insurance space 2018 reached £137m, up from £50m the previous year.
The COR, which deteriorated to 102.5% in 2017 also recovered to 94.9%.
However, taking into account the Ogden rate, the 2017 figures actually showed a loss of £151m and a soaring COR of 110.9%.
Zurich’s UK CEO, Tulsi Naidu, commented: “Zurich has delivered a strong result in the UK and
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK