Hiscox has appointed Bob Thaker at its new chief executive officer for the UK.
Thaker will take up the role in March 2019, subject to regulatory approval.
He joined the insurer in 2010 as head of strategy and has since held a number of senior roles, including group chief risk officer and two years as head of claims for UK and Europe.
He relocated to Asia in 2014 to become chief operating officer of DirectAsia after Hiscox bought the direct-to-consumer personal lines insurance business.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs