Hiscox has appointed Bob Thaker at its new chief executive officer for the UK.
Thaker will take up the role in March 2019, subject to regulatory approval.
He joined the insurer in 2010 as head of strategy and has since held a number of senior roles, including group chief risk officer and two years as head of claims for UK and Europe.
He relocated to Asia in 2014 to become chief operating officer of DirectAsia after Hiscox bought the direct-to-consumer personal lines insurance business.
- Markerstudy buys Co-op underwriting in £185m deal
- Markerstudy to use Co-op’s brand after deal
- Aston Lark buys Irish broker Robertson Low
- Mark Cliff joins Be Wiser as NED
- Ageas consults on closure of Stoke and Port Solent operations
- Axa UK hires Shali Vasudeva as COO from Hiscox
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich partners with travel start-up Pluto