Hiscox has appointed Bob Thaker at its new chief executive officer for the UK.
Thaker will take up the role in March 2019, subject to regulatory approval.
He joined the insurer in 2010 as head of strategy and has since held a number of senior roles, including group chief risk officer and two years as head of claims for UK and Europe.
He relocated to Asia in 2014 to become chief operating officer of DirectAsia after Hiscox bought the direct-to-consumer personal lines insurance business.
- Industry responds to reports of sexual harassment in Lloyd's
- FCA urges firms to apply for TPR and FSCR ahead of Brexit
- Ageas teams up with Darwin Clayton in £45m deal
- Marsh-parent raises $250m of fresh debt
- Blog: Future-proof professional indemnity
- Simon Matson says ‘complicated fat Arab’ slur regrettable but not discriminatory: Gallagher v Ardonagh
- UK Broker Awards open for entries