Hiscox has appointed Bob Thaker at its new chief executive officer for the UK.
Thaker will take up the role in March 2019, subject to regulatory approval.
He joined the insurer in 2010 as head of strategy and has since held a number of senior roles, including group chief risk officer and two years as head of claims for UK and Europe.
He relocated to Asia in 2014 to become chief operating officer of DirectAsia after Hiscox bought the direct-to-consumer personal lines insurance business.
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester