The news late last week that Allianz had held discussions with LV about buying a stake in its general insurance arm and the revelation the mutual had indeed had a few approaches for the business - after originally refusing to comment - got me thinking about the suitability of an Allianz-LV tie up.
And how it might look.
Here are is quick-fire four point brain dump.
1 ) It would give Allianz a shot in the retail arm
Last year Allianz UK confirmed plans to withdraw from direct home and motor w
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason