Although the vast majority of insurers think brokers are still a force in the motor sector only 50% of brokers surveyed agree, according to a new survey by the RAC.
The survey, which the broker describes as qualitative rather than quantitive, consisted of in-depth interviews with senior managers from the top 13 insurers as well as eight brokers, consisting of a sample which included large provincial broking firms.
RAC revealed exclusively to Insurance Age that almost half of insurers surveyed
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018