DAS first won the case in the High Court in December 2006, with an order being given to pay the claim and full costs. Subsequently, three judges in the Court of Appeal unanimously rejected all RSA arguments.
The judgment and appeal stem from a ULR claim handled by DAS on behalf of a policyholder whose stationary car was struck from behind in March 2004. Liability was not contested.
RSA sought to challenge the DAS car hire supplier arrangement - DAS primarily uses Helphire for replacement veh
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017