There’s no question that technology is drastically changing the world and way underwriters work.
Greater quantities of data are now available thanks to artificial intelligence, telematics, robots, new ratings technology and social media and it is increasingly down to the underwriter to assess these new data streams.
For the future, underwriters in this changing world will need a blend of skills, says Colin Bradbury, regions and SME underwriting director for UK commercial at RSA. New technology
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product