Yet a few days ago, this rule of thumb was shattered by the disclosure in Towergate's bondholder report that the consolidator had misallocated £15m of client and insurer monies between restricted and unrestricted accounts between November 2007 and January 2011.
Although Towergate's CEO Mark Hodges insisted that the situation had been "immediately rectified" the very nature of the situation has thrown up far more questions than answers.
The fact that this issue went on for more than four years is
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic