One view that is widespread among claims handlers is that the industry was already carrying out the practices required by the Financial Services Authority (FSA), before the advent of regulation, but that the current administrative pressures to record and prove that those practices are in place have required investment in terms of time and resources.
This view is borne out by David Williams, Axa claims director, who compares the current regulatory environment to the voluntary codes of practice
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Hiscox updates cyber and data insurance product
- Video: GDPR – Future proofing your business: Don’t panic!
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Launderette-based insurance ghost brokers jailed