Premiums for combined liability insurance policies hardened in the last quarter of 2017, according to the latest Acturis Premium Index. This builds on rises in the previous two quarters, but many remain cautious about sustained increases in such a competitive sector.
The change to the Ogden discount rate was the front-page headline in the liability market last year. The box below looks at the impact it had and the ongoing consultation to have it revised again.
But the liability market is
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Markel buys books of business from Caunce O’Hara
- Egan reveals thinking behind RSA's commercial merger
- Jelf rebrand an opportunity for regional brokers, say experts
- The Blog Spot: RIP Jelf, hello Marsh Commercial - what's in a broking brand?
- CRL stops writing new business amid Alpha fallout
- Chris Dobson outlines future plans as he exits Ageas
- Hyperion merges Howden and RK Harrison