Premiums for combined liability insurance policies hardened in the last quarter of 2017, according to the latest Acturis Premium Index. This builds on rises in the previous two quarters, but many remain cautious about sustained increases in such a competitive sector.
The change to the Ogden discount rate was the front-page headline in the liability market last year. The box below looks at the impact it had and the ongoing consultation to have it revised again.
But the liability market is
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Adrian Brown becomes NED at SSP
- Waite-led Premium Credit takes Howells from Close Brothers and Thomas from RSA