A survey by GoCompare Car Insurance has found that 4.1 million motorists are overpaying for their car cover by £982m a year by allowing their insurer to automatically renew their policy.
The GoCompare Car Insurance’s Auto-Renewal Study discovered that at their last renewal, 44% of drivers let their insurance automatically renew, 13% did so without shopping around.
The price comparison website noted that the following reasons had been given to why drivers may renew
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Clear set to make more deals this year
- Egan reveals thinking behind RSA's commercial merger
- People Moves Round-up: 6-13 September 2019
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- FSCS pays out to Lamp GAP and health customers
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- Tokio Marine Kiln restructures management