Gareth Howell, executive managing director of Axa retail, is set to leave Axa UK at the end of February 2019.
The insurer stated that Laurent Matras, managing director for personal intermediary and corporate partners will take over the role on an interim basis while it considers the long-term options.
Matras will join commercial intermediary MD Jon Walker and Waseem Malik, executive MD, claims, on the Axa Insurance leadership team with effect from 1 March 2019.
Howell’s future plans have not
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- First Central Insurance & Technology takes CEO from Hastings