Direct Line Group is forming a £400m bid for the general insurance (GI) arm of Legal & General, according to Sky News.
A spokesperson for Direct Line told Insurance Age that the company cannot comment on market speculation.
Similarly, a spokesperson for L&G said the insurer would not be commenting on the report.
The media organisation revealed earlier this month that L&G had appointed Fenchurch Advisory Partners to explore the sale of its general insurance operations.
The latest article
- Markerstudy buys Co-op underwriting in £185m deal
- Markerstudy to use Co-op’s brand after deal
- Aston Lark buys Irish broker Robertson Low
- Mark Cliff joins Be Wiser as NED
- Ageas consults on closure of Stoke and Port Solent operations
- Axa UK hires Shali Vasudeva as COO from Hiscox
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich partners with travel start-up Pluto