Direct Line Group is forming a £400m bid for the general insurance (GI) arm of Legal & General, according to Sky News.
A spokesperson for Direct Line told Insurance Age that the company cannot comment on market speculation.
Similarly, a spokesperson for L&G said the insurer would not be commenting on the report.
The media organisation revealed earlier this month that L&G had appointed Fenchurch Advisory Partners to explore the sale of its general insurance operations.
The latest article
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- Marsh-parent raises $250m of fresh debt
- Legal & General unveils tech solution for brokers