Direct Line Group is forming a £400m bid for the general insurance (GI) arm of Legal & General, according to Sky News.
A spokesperson for Direct Line told Insurance Age that the company cannot comment on market speculation.
Similarly, a spokesperson for L&G said the insurer would not be commenting on the report.
The media organisation revealed earlier this month that L&G had appointed Fenchurch Advisory Partners to explore the sale of its general insurance operations.
The latest article
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change