The UK insurance industry is failing businesses when it comes to cyber insurance, according to CFC Underwriting chief innovation officer Graeme Newman.
“I’m not convinced insurers or brokers are getting cyber,” Newman told Insurance Age.
He added that because many brokers and insurers don’t have enough knowledge about it they struggle to articulate how cyber insurance works and why businesses need it.
“The product is great, but insurance doesn’t have a great reputation so a lot of clients,
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- Legal & General unveils tech solution for brokers
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully