The UK insurance industry is failing businesses when it comes to cyber insurance, according to CFC Underwriting chief innovation officer Graeme Newman.
“I’m not convinced insurers or brokers are getting cyber,” Newman told Insurance Age.
He added that because many brokers and insurers don’t have enough knowledge about it they struggle to articulate how cyber insurance works and why businesses need it.
“The product is great, but insurance doesn’t have a great reputation so a lot of clients,
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- MRIB buys Independents
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- PIB merges underwriting offerings
- In Person: Jacques Verlingue boss of Adélaïde Group, owner of Finch and ICB
- Biba reveals campaigning themes in 2019 manifesto