The UK insurance industry is failing businesses when it comes to cyber insurance, according to CFC Underwriting chief innovation officer Graeme Newman.
“I’m not convinced insurers or brokers are getting cyber,” Newman told Insurance Age.
He added that because many brokers and insurers don’t have enough knowledge about it they struggle to articulate how cyber insurance works and why businesses need it.
“The product is great, but insurance doesn’t have a great reputation so a lot of clients,
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?