Brit executive chairman Mark Cloutier is to step down in December in order to take up a role with an affiliate of private equity firm Apollo Global Management.
Cloutier will work as a consultant with a focus on the $2.6bn (£2.02bn) acquisition of Bermuda-headquartered Aspen Insurance Holdings by Apollo.
Following the completion of the deal he will be taking on the role of chairman and chief executive officer of Aspen.
Cloutier was appointed CEO of Brit in 2011 and moved to the executive
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Allianz appoints branch leaders
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m