Increasing the small claims limit for personal injury (PI) creates significant access to justice concerns, according to a new report from the Justice Committee.
The committee examined the impact of raising the PI small claims limit (using secondary legislation) from £1,000 to £2,000 and to £5,000 for Road Traffic Accidents (RTA) related PI claims, part of a package of government reforms. Other measures are contained in the Civil Liability Bill which is currently before Parliament.
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Biba will return to Manchester in 2020
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- FCA warns of clone MGA