Increasing the small claims limit for personal injury (PI) creates significant access to justice concerns, according to a new report from the Justice Committee.
The committee examined the impact of raising the PI small claims limit (using secondary legislation) from £1,000 to £2,000 and to £5,000 for Road Traffic Accidents (RTA) related PI claims, part of a package of government reforms. Other measures are contained in the Civil Liability Bill which is currently before Parliament.
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product