From 1 October 2008, every director must comply with three new statutory duties and a separate obligation relating to conflicts of interest between a director and the company.
The new law will mean that every director will have to actively avoid potential conflicts of interest. To comply, publicly-owned companies must amend their articles of association to allow the other, non-conflicted directors to authorise a particular director’s conflict. Existing private companies can make similar cons
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?