The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) and the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) are names and acronyms with which every UK broker is familiar.
Since the start of the new year there has been a new set for brokers to add to the collection: the Insurance Brokers’ Standards Council (IBSC).
The group is chaired by Paul Anscombe, managing director at James Hallam, and its steering committee is made up entirely of insurance brokers. The council will focus on improving standards in the
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017