The Financial Services Authority (FSA) has recently banned two insurance brokers, a dramatic step that the regulator does not often take.
So taking it twice in as many weeks could be seen as sending out a strong message to the industry that brokers are not going to get away with non-compliant activities. On the other hand, it could be the case that brokers are increasingly pushing their luck and making it easier for the FSA to spot mistakes and indiscretions.
The latter is something Branko Bjelo
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover