The Financial Services Authority (FSA) has recently banned two insurance brokers, a dramatic step that the regulator does not often take.
So taking it twice in as many weeks could be seen as sending out a strong message to the industry that brokers are not going to get away with non-compliant activities. On the other hand, it could be the case that brokers are increasingly pushing their luck and making it easier for the FSA to spot mistakes and indiscretions.
The latter is something Branko Bjelo
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- Profits soar at Bollington in 2016
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- UK businesses “unprepared for a cyber shock”
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future