A change to employers’ liability (EL) insurance could make it impossible for brokers to process relevant policies online for at least the next year.
From April 2012, it will be compulsory for firms purchasing EL insurance to supply their employee reference number (ERN). This change has come about as a result of regulations published by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) in February, which compel insurers to publish policy data for EL.
To set the ball in motion, insurers have begun to request
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO