A change to employers’ liability (EL) insurance could make it impossible for brokers to process relevant policies online for at least the next year.
From April 2012, it will be compulsory for firms purchasing EL insurance to supply their employee reference number (ERN). This change has come about as a result of regulations published by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) in February, which compel insurers to publish policy data for EL.
To set the ball in motion, insurers have begun to request
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- In Person: Jacques Verlingue boss of Adélaïde Group, owner of Finch and ICB
- Qudos Insurance liquidator writes to UK customers
- PIB merges underwriting offerings
- GRP-owned County buys Swinford Insurance Consultants
- Close Brothers Premium Finance restores contact centre after outage
- Cross-border broker partnership plans escalate ahead of Brexit