This year will be an event year for subsidence, a leading authority on the subject has warned, and could result in a huge influx of claims for unprepared claims departments.
Richard Radevsky, director of loss adjusting group CTC Technical Services, said: "There is no longer any question that this will be a subsidence event year in the UK. The only question is just how bad it will be."
He added that in France, which has suffered from a more prolonged drought, there are already major problems; a
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- Circle expands again in 2018