This year will be an event year for subsidence, a leading authority on the subject has warned, and could result in a huge influx of claims for unprepared claims departments.
Richard Radevsky, director of loss adjusting group CTC Technical Services, said: "There is no longer any question that this will be a subsidence event year in the UK. The only question is just how bad it will be."
He added that in France, which has suffered from a more prolonged drought, there are already major problems; a
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- Alpha: Cover My Cab steps in with Gefion policies
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Coversure backers Livingbridge “not done” with insurance investments
- Uber gives drivers free insurance as it expands partnership with Axa