This year will be an event year for subsidence, a leading authority on the subject has warned, and could result in a huge influx of claims for unprepared claims departments.
Richard Radevsky, director of loss adjusting group CTC Technical Services, said: "There is no longer any question that this will be a subsidence event year in the UK. The only question is just how bad it will be."
He added that in France, which has suffered from a more prolonged drought, there are already major problems; a
- Swinton targets becoming largest digital broker in the UK
- NIG adds Farm Combined to FarmWeb e-trade platform
- Optimism among brokers falls slightly
- Broking Break - Your Top Five
- InsurTech Futures: Axa launches automatic compensation for late flights product
- Aviva "disappointed" after watchdog bans Aviva Drive app ad
- Biba launches scheme for transportation risks