Failing to identify and mitigate a risk can be an expensive mistake, no matter what the size of the business. And something mid-market brokers should be as much aware of as their corporate equivalents.
“Ignorance is no defence,” says Ashwin Mistry, executive chairman at Brokerbility and BHIB Insurance Brokers. “If they fail to meet their legal requirements, they will be treated exactly the same by the courts as a firm that knowingly cut corners.”
Keeping on top of their risk
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Blog: The DNA of brokers is changing