Axa has developed a product called Fizzy which enables customers to claim compensation for late flights automatically with payments going direct to their bank accounts, Insurance Age can reveal.
The technology is powered by blockchain and Axa said it is the first mass-market product of its kind to be launched in Europe.
Fizzy is currently being tested on flights between Paris Charles De Gaulle and the US but the plan is to bring the product to the UK by 2018.
It is hoped that Axa will then
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Ardonagh losses decrease for Q1