Axa has developed a product called Fizzy which enables customers to claim compensation for late flights automatically with payments going direct to their bank accounts, Insurance Age can reveal.
The technology is powered by blockchain and Axa said it is the first mass-market product of its kind to be launched in Europe.
Fizzy is currently being tested on flights between Paris Charles De Gaulle and the US but the plan is to bring the product to the UK by 2018.
It is hoped that Axa will then
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- GRP buys risk management firm H&S Click