Lamp is the latest Gibraltarian insurer to file for liquidation and the announcement has re-ignited debated around unrated and non-domiciled providers.
The insurer has been declared insolvent and unable to pay claims and its liquidation hearing will be heard at the end of this month (31 May) in Gibraltar.
This announcement comes months after the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) found 165,000 motor and/or pet insurance policies to replace policies for those left without cover by
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- Market moves: Change is in the air
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years