Aviva is emailing customers after failing to follow renewal transparency rules, Insurance Age can reveal.
The issue has stretched across annually renewable general insurance products, including home and motor.
The insurer admitted that on previous renewal invitation emails it had not shown last year’s premium in a clear enough way and had not given enough prominence to the shop around message.
The provider acknowledged it had been part of a market wide sample review by the Financial
- Andy Fairchild exits Broker Network
- Ed appoints broking CEO
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Stackhouse Poland buys Property Insurance Initiatives
- Broking success: Toby Clegg, chief executive officer, Clegg Gifford
- Call for evidence on discount rate setting welcomed