Aviva is emailing customers after failing to follow renewal transparency rules, Insurance Age can reveal.
The issue has stretched across annually renewable general insurance products, including home and motor.
The insurer admitted that on previous renewal invitation emails it had not shown last year’s premium in a clear enough way and had not given enough prominence to the shop around message.
The provider acknowledged it had been part of a market wide sample review by the Financial
- Bluefin fine – 32 FCA staff directly involved in investigation
- GRP’s purchase prices revealed
- In Person: Head of Marsh Networks David Hopwood
- Ex-Towergate and Aviva boss Mark Hodges joins ReAssure for IPO
- Abbey owners Prestige buy Autoline
- FCA insurance spend rises to £264,587 for 2018/19
- GRP pondering two more regional hubs