RSA group chief executive Stephen Hester has stated that the insurer’s UK and London market business is a “substantial headache”.
The comment followed RSA’s shock warning last week that its UK underwriting business had suffered a loss of £70m in the third quarter of 2018.
In addition, the combined operating ratio for the UK and London market business deteriorated to 110%.
In a call with analysts on 28 September Hester stated that a substantial amount of the loss was down to “random volatility
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Mactavish criticises industry for "knee-jerk reaction" in hardening market
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Acquis backers Dunedin to pursue more insurance deals