RSA group chief executive Stephen Hester has stated that the insurer’s UK and London market business is a “substantial headache”.
The comment followed RSA’s shock warning last week that its UK underwriting business had suffered a loss of £70m in the third quarter of 2018.
In addition, the combined operating ratio for the UK and London market business deteriorated to 110%.
In a call with analysts on 28 September Hester stated that a substantial amount of the loss was down to “random volatility
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- In Person: Simon Cooter and Carolyn Callan, Covéa
- BGL launches new short-term motor insurance brand