This is a 45% rise on the number of claims during the corresponding week last year.
Joanne Mallon, Sainsbury's car insurance manager, said: "Last week was one of the busiest weeks we can remember for car insurance claims. Drivers in this country aren't particularly familiar with driving in snow and ice and the conditions in many parts of the country were probably the worst many have experienced.
"If more severe weather arrives, we would advise people to only make essential journeys. Apart from the
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups