This is a 45% rise on the number of claims during the corresponding week last year.
Joanne Mallon, Sainsbury's car insurance manager, said: "Last week was one of the busiest weeks we can remember for car insurance claims. Drivers in this country aren't particularly familiar with driving in snow and ice and the conditions in many parts of the country were probably the worst many have experienced.
"If more severe weather arrives, we would advise people to only make essential journeys. Apart from the
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK