In the past 25 years, the personal lines market has been through significant changes, driven firstly by the telephone and latterly by the internet.
These changes have heralded the advent of a more commoditised personal lines sector and an increase in the number of direct writers but in the face of this, brokers have adapted their business models successfully and remained hugely valuable and highly competitive for their customers.
In particular, brokers have continued to dominate in the more spec
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley