Following its "provisional" decision to refer the motor insurance market to the Competition Commission in May, the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has finally acted decisively and pushed for a full investigation.
It followed an OFT study which basically unravelled what we already knew - that claims and expenses were sky high and have contributed to the huge underwriting losses racked up by motor insurers for almost a decade.
And in turn, these losses have been passed on to the insurer in the form o
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results