Following its "provisional" decision to refer the motor insurance market to the Competition Commission in May, the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has finally acted decisively and pushed for a full investigation.
It followed an OFT study which basically unravelled what we already knew - that claims and expenses were sky high and have contributed to the huge underwriting losses racked up by motor insurers for almost a decade.
And in turn, these losses have been passed on to the insurer in the form o
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups