It is a well-known argument. Nobody contests the fact that millions of consumers were mis-sold products. But brokers didn't sell this insurance. Despite this, between 2008 and 2011 some saw a 900% increase in their FSCS levy. That hurts and is unfair.
Recently the Financial Services Authority announced its consultation on raising the cap on the pool that brokers sit in by 50% to £300m.
No guarantee that it means another 50% increase in your levy but the option would be there should the changes
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Top 100 2018 - Bandings
- Dye points to pricing changes following claims inflation
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners
- At the crossroads: Changes at RSA, Aviva and Ageas add to market uncertainty