Every household policy contains an instruction which reads: "It is your responsibility to make sure that the amount you insure for represents the full value of the property concerned." The trouble is, very few people do so.
This can cause problems for brokers and insurers at the claims stage.
Household policies sometimes contain an average clause, meaning that if there is underinsurance, any claim will be reduced proportionately. Averaging is normal in commercial lines, but uncommon in househo
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel