The cost of crime to businesses increased dramatically over the first quarter of 2005, according to Axa's Business Crime Index.
Latest findings from the index, based on Axa's own claims database, showed the average settlement amount for a crime-related insurance claim rose by 29.2% between the last three months of 2004 and the first three of 2005, from £3,643 to £4,708.
By comparison, the average cost of a non-crime related settlement rose by just 2.3% over the same period.
The vast majority of
- Swinton targets becoming largest digital broker in the UK
- NIG adds Farm Combined to FarmWeb e-trade platform
- Optimism among brokers falls slightly
- Broking Break - Your Top Five
- InsurTech Futures: Axa launches automatic compensation for late flights product
- Aviva "disappointed" after watchdog bans Aviva Drive app ad
- Biba launches scheme for transportation risks