The cost of crime to businesses increased dramatically over the first quarter of 2005, according to Axa's Business Crime Index.
Latest findings from the index, based on Axa's own claims database, showed the average settlement amount for a crime-related insurance claim rose by 29.2% between the last three months of 2004 and the first three of 2005, from £3,643 to £4,708.
By comparison, the average cost of a non-crime related settlement rose by just 2.3% over the same period.
The vast majority of
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- Circle expands again in 2018