Global Risk Partners (GRP) spent over £64m in cash across 15 acquisitions in the year ended 31 March 2018.
The total cost including deferred/contingent consideration, shares and ‘put and call’ options was £112.6m. Both figures were the biggest annual totals in the firm’s history.
Deals in the financial year began on 13 June 2017 with buying 67% of Green Insurance Brokers through a 100% share purchase of Minority Venture Partners.
The cost of £17.3m included £6.7m in cash.
And the period
- Markerstudy buys Co-op underwriting in £185m deal
- Markerstudy to use Co-op’s brand after deal
- Aston Lark buys Irish broker Robertson Low
- Mark Cliff joins Be Wiser as NED
- Ageas consults on closure of Stoke and Port Solent operations
- Axa UK hires Shali Vasudeva as COO from Hiscox
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich partners with travel start-up Pluto