Global Risk Partners (GRP) spent over £64m in cash across 15 acquisitions in the year ended 31 March 2018.
The total cost including deferred/contingent consideration, shares and ‘put and call’ options was £112.6m. Both figures were the biggest annual totals in the firm’s history.
Deals in the financial year began on 13 June 2017 with buying 67% of Green Insurance Brokers through a 100% share purchase of Minority Venture Partners.
The cost of £17.3m included £6.7m in cash.
And the period
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- First Central Insurance & Technology takes CEO from Hastings