Global Risk Partners (GRP) spent over £64m in cash across 15 acquisitions in the year ended 31 March 2018.
The total cost including deferred/contingent consideration, shares and ‘put and call’ options was £112.6m. Both figures were the biggest annual totals in the firm’s history.
Deals in the financial year began on 13 June 2017 with buying 67% of Green Insurance Brokers through a 100% share purchase of Minority Venture Partners.
The cost of £17.3m included £6.7m in cash.
And the period
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product