EY and Guardtime have launched what they claimed is the world’s first blockchain platform for the marine insurance sector.
The platform was launched in collaboration with Willis Towers Watson, A.P. Møller-Maersk, ACORD, Microsoft, MS Amlin and XL Catlin after a 20-week proof of concept.
EY stated that the blockchain platform — built on Microsoft Azure global cloud technology — will be implemented in a phased roll-out from 2018 onward.
The global blockchain platform aims to connect clients,
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Allianz appoints branch leaders
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m