Mark Hodges is leaving his post as boss of British Gas to become the new CEO of Swiss Re-owned ReAssure on 1 March 2019.
Hodges had been the chief executive at energy firm Centrica Consumer, the owners of British Gas, since June 2015.
Prior to this Hodges was the leader of Towergate from 2011, when he replaced Andy Homer as group CEO, until his sudden departure in October 2014.
The following month Towergate put itself up for sale and the distressed business, which had often been touted as
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester