Mark Hodges is leaving his post as boss of British Gas to become the new CEO of Swiss Re-owned ReAssure on 1 March 2019.
Hodges had been the chief executive at energy firm Centrica Consumer, the owners of British Gas, since June 2015.
Prior to this Hodges was the leader of Towergate from 2011, when he replaced Andy Homer as group CEO, until his sudden departure in October 2014.
The following month Towergate put itself up for sale and the distressed business, which had often been touted as
- Markerstudy buys Co-op underwriting in £185m deal
- Markerstudy to use Co-op’s brand after deal
- Aston Lark buys Irish broker Robertson Low
- Mark Cliff joins Be Wiser as NED
- Ageas consults on closure of Stoke and Port Solent operations
- Axa UK hires Shali Vasudeva as COO from Hiscox
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich partners with travel start-up Pluto