QBE has posted an adjusted underwriting result of $115m (£95m) in its international division for the first half of 2019 (H1 2018: $71m).
The division, which includes QBE’s European operations and its Asian business, also reported that its gross written premium (GWP) remained flat at $2.9bn.
The provider said in the statement that its European business had seen a 5% GWP increase in the six months to 30 June 2019.
Meanwhile adjusted combined operating ratio (COR) of the international division
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Ten takes small profit hit due to software house move